EFFECTIVE: February 25, 2018
How We Collect Information
Sources we may use to collect personal data:
- Directly from you;
- Through our websites, and email; and
- From social media or other public forums
Information We Collect
Types of personal data we may collect:
- Contact information (e.g., your name, email address, mailing address, and phone number);
- Demographic information, such as your date of birth, gender, and zip code;
- Billing information (e.g., credit card details, billing address, and proof of identification); and
- When you access the Services through various social media platforms, the information made available to us based on your privacy settings, such as your name, picture, and email address.
Cookies and other information collected by automated means
We may also collect certain information about the use of our website using cookies, web beacons and other technologies. “Cookies” are text files that websites send to a user’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the user’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. A “web beacon,” also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We and our service providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites.
Information that may be collected using automated means:
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites.
- Details about the devices that are used to access our website (e.g., IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our website (e.g., date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites and mobile apps, and which emails you may have opened);
- Usage information (e.g., number and frequency of visitors to our websites); and
- Geo-location data (which establishes your current locations) from some of our Services.
We may associate the information we collect by automated means with the device you use to connect to the Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Kannai.Co.
How We Use Your Information
The information we collect may be used to:
- Fulfill, manage, and send you information about your orders;
- Communicate with you about our Services, including the products we offer and our website updates;
- Respond to your requests, inquiries, comments, and suggestions;
- Facilitate your engagement with the Services, including to enable you to post comments and reviews;
- Offer promotions, sweepstakes, or other contests;
- Administer market research and other surveys;
- Conduct research on our customer demographics, interests and behavior
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business, our website, and other products and services we offer to include developing new products and services.
- Tailor the content we display to you in our communications, and in connection with your use of our website;
- Analyze and enhance our communications and strategies.
- Comply with legal requirements, judicial process, and our company policies to include verification of users’ identity in connection with access or correction requests; and
- Protect against, identify, investigate, and respond to fraud, illegal activity such as incidents of hacking or misuse of our website, claims and other liabilities, including by enforcing the terms and conditions that govern the use of our website.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information with:
- Service providers that perform services on our behalf, or partners with whom we may collaborate, including:
- Customer service and support providers;
- Shipping and fulfillment service providers;
- Payment processing providers;
- Analytics organizations; and
- Technology providers (including technology support, email and web hosting providers, email and text communications providers, and mobile app developers).
- We may also disclose your personal data to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, protect and defend Kannai.Co’s rights or property, protect the safety of our customers and website or the public, or to protect against legal liability.
Your Rights and Choices
You have rights and choices regarding how we process your personal data. Please note that if your exercise of these rights and choices limits our ability to process personal data, we may not be able to provide you with the Services. We reserve the right to verify your identity in connection with any requests regarding personal data to help ensure that we provide the information we maintain to the individuals to whom it pertains, and allow only those individuals or their authorized representatives to exercise rights with respect to that information.
Access to Your Personal Data
You may request access to the personal data we obtain about you. If we grant your request, we will provide you with a copy of the personal data we maintain about you in the ordinary course of business, in a commonly used format. You may request to correct any errors in your personal data. We may reject your request to access or correct personal data, as permitted by applicable law. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
In order to access your personal data, we will require you to provide proof of your identity. This information will only be used for that purpose. You may request that we delete your personal data. We may reject your request, as permitted by applicable law. For example, Kannai.Co may be required by legal, tax or other reasons to retain your personal information in its business records. If we reject your request, we will notify you of the reason(s) for the rejection.
You may unsubscribe from receiving marketing or other commercial emails from Kannai.Co by following the instructions included in the email. However, even if you opt out of receiving such communications, we retain the right to send you non-marketing communications (e.g., order confirmation emails or changes in our website terms).
Cookies and Advertising
Web browsers may offer users of our website the ability to disable receiving certain types of cookies; however, if cookies are disabled, some features or functionality of our website may not function correctly. To support and enhance our Services, we may serve advertisements, and also allow third parties to serve advertisements. These advertisements are sometimes targeted and served to particular users and may come from third party companies called "ad networks." Ad networks include third party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of these ad networks and other parties. We do not provide personal data to any ad networks for use other than in connection with the Services.
You may stop sharing your location data by adjusting your mobile device’s location services settings. For instruction on changing the relevant settings, please contact your service provider or device manufacturer.
Some features of our website allow you to provide content such as product reviews. Our website is designed to help you share such content with others. As a result, some of the content that you provide may be shared publicly or with third parties.
Our websites and mobile apps do not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us through our websites or mobile apps, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
Links to Other Websites and Third Party Content
We may provide links to other websites, services, and applications, such as Facebook, that are not operated or controlled by Kannai.Co (the "Third Party Services"). The policies and procedures we described here do not apply to the Third Party services. While we attempt to facilitate access only to those Third Party Services that share our respect for your privacy, we cannot take responsibility for the content, privacy policies, or practices of those Third Party Services. We encourage you to review and understand the privacy practices of any Third Party Services before providing any information to or through them.
Kannai.Co maintains reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal data we maintain against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. However, we cannot guarantee that the measures we maintain will ensure the security of the personal data.
Our retention periods for personal data are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the data was collected, and any other permissible, related purpose. For example, we may retain certain transaction details and correspondence until the time limit for claims arising from the transaction has expired. When we no longer need the personal information we collect, we either irreversibly anonymize the information (in which case, we may further retain and use the anonymized information) or securely destroy the information.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer data which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties.